1.Entrance should be as much wider as it can be. It is difficult to carry lot of grocery bags through a small space.
2. Create counter space as much as possible. This can be done by creating counter space on the sides of stove, refrigerator and also on each side of the sink.
3. Sharp corners can cause bruises to you and to your family and should be avoided. This can be avoided by using round corners.
4.The minimum space between an island and counter space should be 42 inches.
5. Do not order your cabinetry until you order all of your appliances (stove, oven, refrigerator etc) because you need to know the exact dimension of each appliance before you place final order your cabinets.
6. Consider the height of the cook .If you plan to use double hung wall oven make sure that the cook can reach the height of the oven.
7. Design an eating area that meshes with your house hold’s need. Small children are more comfortable with counter height bar stools that bar height ones.